Thank you for your interest in the Guest Student Program at the Islamic School of Irving. This program offers prospective students the opportunity to observe a day in the life of an ISI Lightkeeper!
Potential Students, considering ISI as their school of choice, will be given the ability to be our guests for half a day or full day (depending on the grade level). They will be able to schedule a visit with us and be paired up with a model student identified by the appropriate grade level teacher and administration. The goal of this initiative is to give potential students one more way to fall in love with our culture and school atmosphere and to truly understand what ISI is all about from the inside. It is also a way for us to understand the prospective student and make sure s/he is a good fit for ISI’s environment and expectations. We are confident after visiting our school your child/ren will most definitely fall in love with the friendly and welcoming attitudes from both students and teachers.
We invite parents of prospective Elementary (1st – 5th) and Secondary (6th – 12th) students to submit a request with the Registrar’s Office to take part in this program.
Availability to observe:
Elementary Students [Defined as Current 1st – 5th Graders]
May Observe for one Half Day: 7:45am – 12:30pm M-TH
Secondary Students [Defined as Current 6th – 12th Graders]
May Observe for one Full Day: 7:45am – 3:15pm M-TH
Important tips and instructions:
- Parents: Please allow 5 business days to receive approval for your request when considering the “Date to Observe.”
- Guest Students must observe in their current grade level only.
- School is in session from 7:45am until 3:15pm. Please arrive by 8:00am at the latest.
- Guest Students must be accompanied by Parent at the time of drop-off and pick-up.
- Guest Students should be dropped-off and picked-up with the Registrar in the Front/Admin Office and must sign in and out upon arrival and dismissal.
- All Guest Students are required to wear a guest badge which they can acquire from the Front/Admin Office. Guest Students may bring their current school’s i.d. badge to wear if they have one.
- Please bring a lunch and/or snack to eat during designated times.
- All Guest Students are required to observe the ISI dress code policy and all other rules & regulations.
Refer to the Student Handbook at www.islamicschoolofirving.org for more information
PLEASE NOTE: The Guest Student Program is not to be used just to visit friends for the day. The program is designed for students interested in making Islamic School of Irving their possible school of choice. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.